Jump to Main Content
- Christianson, D.D.; Fanta, G.F.; Bagley, E.B.
- Carbohydrate polymers 1992 v.17 no.3 pp. 221
- potato starch; wheat; starch; polyethylene; polyacrylic acid; viscosity; gels; corn starch; processing technology; composite polymers; rheology
- ... Starch-poly(ethylene-co-acrylic acid) (EAA) complexes were prepared by jet-cooking cornstarch, waxy cornstarch, high amylose cornstarch (Amylomaize VII), wheat starch and potato starch in the presence of an aqueous ammonia solution of EAA. Much of the excess ammonia is volatilized during jet-cooking, and cooked dispersions had pH values of about 9, depending on the amount of EAA solution used rela ...
- Krull, L.H.; Cote, G.L.
- Carbohydrate polymers 1992 v.17 no.3 pp. 205
- alginates; polyuronides; monosaccharides; chemical analysis
- ... A method for the determination of guluronic acid in polysaccharides which may also contain either glucuronic or mannuronic acid has been developed. The method makes use of an ion chromatographic instrument equipped with a pulsed amperometric detector. The method will detect concentrations in the range of 0.5 to 50 ppm. This technique has been applied to the determination of mannuronate/guluronate ...