Jump to Main Content
- Sanchez-Ballester, Noelia M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2019 v.207 pp. 224-229
- alginates; drug delivery systems; gelation; ibuprofen; magnesium; pH
- ... In the present work heteroionic calcium-magnesium alginate beads have been prepared by ionotropic gelation using different Ca:Mg ratios. This simple and straightforward approach allowed the obtention of CaMg-alginate beads presenting different mechanical performance depending on the Mg:Ca ratio. The dynamic swelling behavior of the beads was investigated. Increase in the quantity of Mg2+ incorpora ...
- Sanchez-Ballester, Noelia M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.197 pp. 576-585
- calcium alginate; crosslinking; drying; energy; evaporation; ovens; porosity; sodium; tensile strength; water uptake; wettability; xerogels
- ... This study explores the influence of different synthesis methods and drying conditions in the preparation of sodium alginate-derivate xerogels presenting interesting disintegrant functionalities. Xerogels containing alginic acid (AA) or calcium alginate (CaA) and a mixture of both, AA/CaA, were isolated using two different drying methods oven and rotary evaporation. AA showed the best wettability ...