Jump to Main Content
- Kitamoto, Marina; Tokuda, Gaku; Watanabe, Hirofumi; Arioka, Manabu
- Carbohydrate research 2019 v.474 pp. 1-7
- Nasutitermes takasagoensis; active sites; calcium; carbohydrate binding; catalytic activity; endo-1,4-beta-xylanase; enzyme stability; glycosides; hindgut; lignocellulose; metagenomics; pH; symbionts; temperature; xylan; xylooligosaccharides
- ... Symbionts in the gut of termites are expected to be large sources of enzymes involved in lignocellulose degradation, but their biotechnological potential has not been fully explored. In this study, we expressed, purified, and biochemically characterized a glycoside hydrolase family 11 xylanase, NtSymX11, from a symbiotic bacterium of the higher termite, Nasutitermes takasagoensis. NtSymX11 is a mu ...
- Shang, Weidong; He, Bin; Niu, Dawen
- Carbohydrate research 2019 v.474 pp. 16-33
- catalytic activity; derivatization; glycosides; ligands; moieties
- ... Carbohydrates play important roles in many physiological and pathological events. The preparation of the derivatives and conjugates of carbohydrates is often needed to help interrogate and exploit their biological properties. Owning to their structural complexity, one major challenge in the derivatization of carbohydrates is to control site-selectivity, that is, to selectively modify one hydroxyl ...