Jump to Main Content
- Previato, Jose O.; Vinogradov, Evguenii; Silva, Maria Alice Esteves; Oliveira, Priscila.A.V.; Fonseca, Leonardo M.; Maes, Emmanuel; Mendonça-Previato, Lucia
- Carbohydrate research 2019 v.475 pp. 1-10
- Cryptococcus neoformans; carbohydrate structure; carboxy-lyases; cell walls; fatty acids; fungi; genes; glycolipids; mannose; methylation; mutants; myo-inositol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oligosaccharides; polysaccharides; virulence; xylose
- ... Glucuronoxylomannogalactans (GXMGals) are characteristic capsular polysaccharides produced by the opportunistic fungus C. neoformans, which are implicated in cryptococcal virulence, via impairment of the host immune response.We determined for the first time the structure of a lipoglucuronomannogalactan (LGMGal), isolated from the surface of a mutant C. neoformans carrying a deletion in the UDP-Glc ...
- Ono, Akiko; Suzuki, Tomohiro; Gotoh, Saki; Kono, Haruka; Matsui, Megumi; Aoki, Daichi; Matsuda, Masaru; Kawagishi, Hirokazu; Ogata, Makoto
- Carbohydrate research 2019 v.475 pp. 27-33
- Asteroidea; alpha-L-fucosidase; ammonium sulfate; bioinformatics; carbohydrates; gel chromatography; gene expression; genes; molecular cloning; molecular weight; pH; pancreas; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; sequence analysis
- ... An α-l-fucosidase (Pap-Alf) was purified from the pancreas of a starfish Patiria pectinifera by ammonium sulfate precipitation followed by several column chromatographies. The molecular mass of the purified enzyme was estimated to be 52.6 kDa by SDS-PAGE, although gel filtration analysis of the native enzyme suggests it exists as a homodimer in solution. The purified enzyme showed maximal activity ...