Jump to Main Content
- Amarasekara, Ananda S.; Wiredu, Bernard; Lawrence, Yen Maroney
- Carbohydrate research 2019 v.475 pp. 34-38
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; acetic acids; catalytic activity; cellobiose; cellulose; citric acid; hydrolysis; maleic acid; models; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; phthalic acid
- ... The hydrolysis of cellulose model compound d-cellobiose was studied with a series of eight common polycarboxylic acids and two monocarboxylic acids in aqueous medium using 0.500 mmol -COOH/L at 170 °C. The maleic acid showed the highest catalytic activity with turnover frequency (TOF) of 29.5 h−1. The interaction of carboxylic acids with d-cellobiose in DMSO‑d6 was studied by determination of the ...
- Vickman, Alison E.; Pohl, Nicola L.B.
- Carbohydrate research 2019 v.475 pp. 17-26
- Gibbs free energy; carbon; deoxysugars; gases; glucose; models; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation; stereoisomers
- ... Deoxysugars are intrinsic components in a number of antibiotics, antimicrobials, and therapeutic agents that often dictate receptor binding, improve efficacy, and provide a diverse toolbox in modifying glycoconjugate function due to an extensive number of unique isomers and inherent conformational flexibility. Hence, this work provides a comprehensive examination of the conformational effects asso ...