Jump to Main Content
- Adak, Avijit K.; Li, Ben-Yuan; Lin, Chun-Cheng
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 2-12
- bioassays; biosensors; carbohydrates; cell membranes; enzymes; glycosylation; image analysis; ligands; magnetism; metals; nanoparticles; vaccines
- ... Applications of glycosylated nanomaterials have gained considerable attention in recent years due to their unique structural properties and compatibility in biological systems. In this review, glyco-nanoparticles (glyco-NPs) are defined as compounds that contain a nano-sized metallic core, are composed of noble metals, magnetic elements, or binary inorganic nanoparticles, and that exhibit carbohyd ...
- Chiodo, Fabrizio; Enríquez-Navas, Pedro M.; Angulo, Jesús; Marradi, Marco; Penadés, Soledad
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 102-109
- Human immunodeficiency virus; antiretroviral agents; biosensors; glycoproteins; gold; nanogold; neutralizing antibodies; polysaccharides; spectroscopy; surface plasmon resonance; synergism; vaccines; viral antibodies
- ... In order to re-build Man9GlcNAc2 clusters of the HIV gp120 glycoprotein, ∼2nm gold glyconanoparticles (GNPs) were coated with the synthetic partial structures of Man9, the tetramannoside Manα1–2Manα1–2Manα1–3Manα1– and the pentamannoside Manα1–2Manα1–3[Manα1–2Manα1–6]Manα1–. Their interactions with the anti-HIV broadly neutralizing antibody 2G12 were studied by surface plasmon resonance (SPR)-base ...