Jump to Main Content
- Kong, Na; Shimpi, Manishkumar R.; Park, Jae Hyeung; Ramström, Olof; Yan, Mingdi
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 33-38
- azides; carbohydrates; carbon nanotubes; chemical bonding; lectins; microwave radiation; microwave treatment
- ... Carbohydrate–functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) were synthesized using microwave-assisted reaction of perfluorophenyl azide with the nanotubes. The results showed that microwave radiation provides a rapid and effective means to covalently attach carbohydrates to SWNTs, producing carbohydrate–SWNT conjugates for biorecognition. The carbohydrate–functionalized SWNTs were furthermo ...
- Cao, Xueyan; Tao, Lei; Wen, Shihui; Hou, Wenxiu; Shi, Xiangyang
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 70-77
- biocompatibility; carbon nanotubes; cell viability; cellular microenvironment; chemical bonding; doxorubicin; drug carriers; drug therapy; fluorescein; hyaluronic acid; isothiocyanates; nanomedicine; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; pH; polyethyleneimine; receptors; viability assays; water solubility
- ... Development of novel drug carriers for targeted cancer therapy with high efficiency and specificity is of paramount importance and has been one of the major topics in current nanomedicine. Here we report a general approach to using multifunctional multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) as a platform to encapsulate an anticancer drug doxorubicin (DOX) for targeted cancer therapy. In this approach, p ...