Jump to Main Content
- Adak, Avijit K.; Li, Ben-Yuan; Lin, Chun-Cheng
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 2-12
- bioassays; biosensors; carbohydrates; cell membranes; enzymes; glycosylation; image analysis; ligands; magnetism; metals; nanoparticles; vaccines
- ... Applications of glycosylated nanomaterials have gained considerable attention in recent years due to their unique structural properties and compatibility in biological systems. In this review, glyco-nanoparticles (glyco-NPs) are defined as compounds that contain a nano-sized metallic core, are composed of noble metals, magnetic elements, or binary inorganic nanoparticles, and that exhibit carbohyd ...
- DeLyria, Elizabeth S.; Zhou, Dapeng; Lee, Jun Soo; Singh, Shailbala; Song, Wei; Li, Fenge; Sun, Qing; Lu, Hongzhou; Wu, Jinhui; Qiao, Qian; Hu, Yiqiao; Zhang, Guodong; Li, Chun; Sastry, K. Jagannadha; Shen, Haifa
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 87-92
- B-lymphocytes; T-lymphocytes; animal models; antibodies; antigen presentation; antigens; blood serum; cytokines; dendritic cells; glycolipids; hepatitis; immunogenicity; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin G; ligands; lymph nodes; macrophages; mice; microparticles; mouth; natural killer cells; neoplasms; ovalbumin; patients; saliva; secretion; subunit vaccines; toxicity
- ... Natural Killer T (NKT) cells are a unique type of innate immune cells which exert paradoxical roles in animal models through producing either Th1 or Th2 cytokines and activating dendritic cells. Alpha-galactosylceramide (αGalCer), a synthetic antigen for NKT cells, was found to be safe and immune stimulatory in cancer and hepatitis patients. We recently developed microparticle-formulated αGalCer, ...