Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Xueyan; Tao, Lei; Wen, Shihui; Hou, Wenxiu; Shi, Xiangyang
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 70-77
- biocompatibility; carbon nanotubes; cell viability; cellular microenvironment; chemical bonding; doxorubicin; drug carriers; drug therapy; fluorescein; hyaluronic acid; isothiocyanates; nanomedicine; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; pH; polyethyleneimine; receptors; viability assays; water solubility
- ... Development of novel drug carriers for targeted cancer therapy with high efficiency and specificity is of paramount importance and has been one of the major topics in current nanomedicine. Here we report a general approach to using multifunctional multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) as a platform to encapsulate an anticancer drug doxorubicin (DOX) for targeted cancer therapy. In this approach, p ...
- DeLyria, Elizabeth S.; Zhou, Dapeng; Lee, Jun Soo; Singh, Shailbala; Song, Wei; Li, Fenge; Sun, Qing; Lu, Hongzhou; Wu, Jinhui; Qiao, Qian; Hu, Yiqiao; Zhang, Guodong; Li, Chun; Sastry, K. Jagannadha; Shen, Haifa
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 87-92
- B-lymphocytes; T-lymphocytes; animal models; antibodies; antigen presentation; antigens; blood serum; cytokines; dendritic cells; glycolipids; hepatitis; immunogenicity; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin G; ligands; lymph nodes; macrophages; mice; microparticles; mouth; natural killer cells; neoplasms; ovalbumin; patients; saliva; secretion; subunit vaccines; toxicity
- ... Natural Killer T (NKT) cells are a unique type of innate immune cells which exert paradoxical roles in animal models through producing either Th1 or Th2 cytokines and activating dendritic cells. Alpha-galactosylceramide (αGalCer), a synthetic antigen for NKT cells, was found to be safe and immune stimulatory in cancer and hepatitis patients. We recently developed microparticle-formulated αGalCer, ...