Jump to Main Content
- Adak, Avijit K.; Li, Ben-Yuan; Lin, Chun-Cheng
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 2-12
- bioassays; biosensors; carbohydrates; cell membranes; enzymes; glycosylation; image analysis; ligands; magnetism; metals; nanoparticles; vaccines
- ... Applications of glycosylated nanomaterials have gained considerable attention in recent years due to their unique structural properties and compatibility in biological systems. In this review, glyco-nanoparticles (glyco-NPs) are defined as compounds that contain a nano-sized metallic core, are composed of noble metals, magnetic elements, or binary inorganic nanoparticles, and that exhibit carbohyd ...
- Biswas, Souvik; Medina, Scott H.; Barchi, Joseph J.
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 93-101
- alkanes; antigens; antineoplastic activity; binding proteins; carbohydrates; cell lines; galectins; nanogold; neoplasm cells; serine; therapeutics; threonine; vaccines
- ... The Thomsen Friedenreich antigen (TFag) disaccharide is a tumor-associated carbohydrate antigen (TACA) found primarily on carcinoma cells and rarely expressed in normal tissue. The TFag has been shown to interact with Galectin-3 (Gal-3), one in a family of β-galactoside binding proteins. Galectins have a variety of cellular functions, and Gal-3 has been shown to be the sole galectin with anti-apop ...