Jump to Main Content
- Arao, Yoshihiko; Tanks, Jonathon D.; Kubouchi, Masatoshi; Ito, Akira; Hosoi, Atsushi; Kawada, Hiroyuki
- Carbon 2019 v.142 pp. 261-268
- sonication, etc ; boron nitride; coatings; crystals; dispersions; forces; graphene; isopropyl alcohol; liquids; molybdenum disulfide; nanocomposites; nanosheets; solvents; toxicity; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The method for mass production of nanosheets is essential for fully realizing their commercial use. Direct exfoliation of layered materials in liquid is the simplest and low-cost technique for exfoliation without introducing defects in basal plane. However, the technique requires toxic and high-boiling point solvents, which makes it difficult for further processing. In addition, solvent exchange i ...
- Estes, Christopher S.; Gerard, Angela Y.; Godward, J. Dennis; Hayes, Spencer B.; Liles, Sabrina H.; Shelton, Jacob L.; Stewart, Tyreek S.; Webster, Rebekah I.; Webster, H. Francis
- Carbon 2019 v.142 pp. 547-557
- sonication, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Raman spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; cadmium; carbon quantum dots; catalysts; esterification; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; freeze drying; glycerol; graphene; hydrodynamics; lead; light scattering; methylene blue; moieties; oleic acid; physicochemical properties; solvents; sulfonic acid; temperature; thermogravimetry; titration; transmission electron microscopy; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; water pollution; water purification; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... In this paper, we report the low-cost synthesis of a highly functionalized carbon material synthesized through controlled acid dehydration of glycerol. Physical properties were investigated using scanning and transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, thermogravimetric analysis, and dynamic light scattering. Chemical properties were determined using elemental analysis, acid-base titratio ...