Jump to Main Content
- Shen, Yanting; Zerulla, Dominic
- Carbon 2018 v.132 pp. 466-476
- Raman spectroscopy; carbon; carbon nanotubes; elastic deformation; tensile strength
- ... Carbon nanotubes, and more specifically single walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs), possess unusual properties which are valuable for nanotechnology and other fields of materials science and technology, owing to their extraordinary thermal, electrical, and in particular mechanical properties. Most of the desirable mechanical properties, including a high tensile strength, result from the covalent sp2-b ...
- Nonomura, Rei; Itoh, Takashi; Sato, Yoshinori; Yokoyama, Koji; Yamamoto, Masashi; Nishida, Tetsuo; Motomiya, Kenichi; Tohji, Kazuyuki; Sato, Yoshinori
- Carbon 2018 v.132 pp. 539-547
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; ammonia; capacitance; carbon; carbon nanotubes; crystal structure; dielectric spectroscopy; electrical equipment; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolytes; fluorine; nitrogen; propylene; quaternary ammonium compounds; scanning electron microscopy; temperature; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Nitrogen-doped vertically aligned multi-walled carbon nanotubes (N-VAMWCNTs) were prepared by reacting fluorinated VAMWCNTs with ammonia gas at temperatures of 300–600 °C. The N-VAMWCNTs were characterized using scanning electron microscopy, high-resolution transmission electron microscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and Raman scattering spectroscopy. In addition, the electrochemical proper ...