Jump to Main Content
- Jeon, In-Yup; Shin, Sun-Hee; Choi, Hyun-Jung; Yu, Soo-Young; Jung, Sun-Min; Baek, Jong-Beom
- Carbon 2017 v.116 pp. 77-83
- dispersibility, etc ; alcohols; aluminum; composite materials; cooling; cost effectiveness; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; films (materials); flame retardants; graphene; mass spectrometry; polyvinyl alcohol; solvents; transmission electron microscopy; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Substantial amounts of aluminum (Al), which is one of the most abundant elements and period III post-transition metals, can be incorporated into graphene nanoplatelets (GnPs) by ball-milling graphite in the presence of solid Al beads. After thoroughly etching away any unreacted Al residues, the structure and properties of the resultant aluminated GnPs (AlGnPs) were characterized using various anal ...
- Hou, Dongshuai; Lu, Zeyu; Li, Xiangyu; Ma, Hongyan; Li, Zongjin
- Carbon 2017 v.115 pp. 188-208
- dispersibility, etc ; aluminum; calcium; calcium silicate; cement; dissociation; graphene; graphene oxide; hydrogen bonding; ions; microstructure; modulus of rupture; molecular dynamics; oxygen; protons; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The remarkable properties of graphene and graphene oxide (GO) make it as an ideal candidate for high performance cement-based composites. This paper firstly investigated the effects of graphene and GO on the hydration, microstructures and mechanical properties of cement paste. The incorporation of 0.16 wt % GO into the cement matrix can enhance the flexural strength of the material by 11.62% due t ...