Jump to Main Content
- Ossonon, Benjamin Diby; Bélanger, Daniel
- Carbon 2017 v.111 pp. 83-93
- dispersibility, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; anthraquinones; chemical bonding; electrochemistry; electrodes; electron microscopy; graphene; ions; oxidation; sulfuric acid; surface area; thermogravimetry; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Graphene sheets were spontaneously functionalized with anthraquinone molecules in a one-pot process, during the oxidative electrochemical exfoliation of a graphite electrode in a 0.1 M H2SO4 solution containing anthraquinone diazonium ions. This counterintuitive process involves the electrochemical oxidation of graphite and reduction of diazonium ions and functionalization occurs by spontaneous re ...
- Kim, Junghyun; Luo, Zhi-Xiang; Wu, Yue; Lu, Xiuling; Jay, Michael
- Carbon 2017
- dispersibility, etc ; adsorption; biocompatibility; carbon nanoparticles; chemical bonding; energy; holmium; in vitro studies; irradiation; leaching; nanocarriers; neoplasms; neutrons; photons; porous media; toxicity; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Radionuclide therapy with nano-sized carriers is a very promising approach to treat various types of cancer. The preparation of radioactive nanocarriers can be achieved with minimum handling using a neutron-activation approach. However, the nanocarrier material must possess certain characteristics such as low density, heat-resistance, high metal adsorption, easy surface modification and low toxici ...
- PubMed Central: