Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Xuezhi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbon 2015 v.89 pp. 93-101
- anions; graphene; moieties; nanoparticles; oxidation; pH; platinum; polyols
- ... Graphite oxide (GO) with varied oxidation degrees and hexachloroplatinic acid were used as precursors for the synthesis of Pt/graphene composites via a polyol approach. It is revealed that the epoxy-rich basal planes of GO serve as the active sites for the nucleation of Pt nanoparticles via COPt bonds. With the increased oxidation degree of GO, both the nucleation sites and the repulsive forces be ...
- Duan, Xuezhi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Carbon 2019 v.153 pp. 73-80
- adsorption; carbon; carbon nanotubes; catalysts; catalytic activity; heat treatment; liquids; moieties; oxidation; oxygen; phenol; redox potential; remediation; wastewater; water purification
- ... Nanocarbon-catalyzed advanced oxidation processes for wastewater remediation are green and state-of-the-art methods, nevertheless, the origins of carbocatalysis remain unresolved. In this study, carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are employed as typical metal-free catalysts for catalytic peroxymonosulfate (PMS) activation and phenol oxidation. The surface chemistry and electronic properties of CNTs are delib ...