Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yugang, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Carbon 2013 v.57 pp. 357-362
- energy; graphene; mechanics; van der Waals forces
- ... Using molecular mechanics simulations we investigate the elastic properties of monolayer graphene determined from free standing indentation and the effects of graphene size and indenter tip size are considered. In free standing indentation, the overall system potential energy includes two parts: the strain energy of graphene monolayer and the van der Waals (VDW) interaction energy between indenter ...
- Wang, Yugang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Carbon 2013 v.63 pp. 117-124
- deformation; energy; graphene; van der Waals forces
- ... Using molecular mechanics simulations, we investigate the deformation mechanism of graphene monolayer under free standing indentation. During indentation, the van der Waals (VDW) interaction between the indenter tip and graphene monolayer will cause: (i) a phase lag between the indentation force P and the indentation displacement δ (i.e., δ>0 when P=0); (ii) a different strain energy function than ...