Jump to Main Content
- Perez-Fernandez, Cesar A.; Iriarte, Mercedes; Hinojosa-Delgadillo, Wilber; Veizaga-Salinas, Andrea; Cano, Raul J.; Rivera-Perez, Jessica; Toranzos, Gary A.
- Caribbean journal of science 2016 v.49 no.1 pp. 57-75
- bacteria; calcium; environmental factors; lithium; microbial communities; physicochemical properties; restriction fragment length polymorphism; ribosomal DNA; statistical analysis; wind; Bolivia
- ... The most important hypersaline environment in Bolivia is the Uyuni salt flat. It is the largest salt flat in the world and, it presents certain unique chemical characteristics and composition on its surface such as a gradient of ion concentrations from south to north. The autochthonous microbial communities in these salt flats have yet to be studied in detail, and it is not clear if these communit ...
- Espinal, Mario; Mora, José M.; OReilly, Carlos M.
- Caribbean journal of science 2016 v.49 no.1 pp. 79-82
- Molossidae; cattle; forests; humans; infrastructure; males; ranching; sea level; Bolivia; Brazil; Colombia; Honduras; Mexico; Peru; Venezuela
- ... The Peale's free-tailed bat (Nyctinomops aurispinosus) is found in Sonora and Tamaulipas (Mexico) and in South America (Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, and Brazil) but there are no records from Central America. Known altitudinal range of this bat is from sea level to 3,150 m; most known records are from below 1,000 masl. We report the occurrence of Nyctinomops aurispinosus in Central America b ...