Jump to Main Content
- Petrescu, Iorgu; Chatterjee, Tapas; Schizas, Nikolaos V.
- Caribbean journal of science 2016 v.49 no.1 pp. 17-26
- Cumacea; corals; ecosystems; new species; reefs; taxonomic keys; Caribbean Sea; United States; Virgin Islands of the United States
- ... A new species of the genus Campylaspis G.O. Sars, C. grazielae and also Campylaspis sp. are described from the mesophotic coral ecosystems of St. John, US Virgin Islands, Caribbean Sea. Similarities and dissimilarities with related species are discussed and a taxonomic key is provided for the Western Atlantic species of the genus Campylaspis. With the addition of C. grazielae sp. nov. described he ...
- Geelhoed, S.C.V.; Janinhoff, N.; Verdaat, J.P.
- Caribbean journal of science 2016 v.49 no.1 pp. 76-78
- Cetorhinus maximus; coasts; marine mammals; satellites; surveys; Aruba; Caribbean; Caribbean Sea; South America; United States
- ... The occurrence of basking sharks in the Caribbean Sea is only recently documented by satellite tagging studies, which show that some individuals migrate through the region en route from waters off the east coast of the USA to waters off northeastern South-America. The observation of a basking shark on 7 November 2013 ca. 130 km north-northeast of Aruba during an aerial survey of marine mammals in ...