Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez-Zaragoza, Fabián A.; Arias-González, Jesús E.
- Caribbean journal of science 2008 v.44 no.1 pp. 90-101
- coasts; coral reefs; environmental factors; fish; inventories; models; species diversity; statistics; terraces
- ... Reef fishes are critical functional groups for coral reefs, where the diversity of the former varies across different spatial scales. Multi-scale approaches are necessary to find this scale-dependence because the identification of such critical scales is fundamental to conserve coral reef biodiversity. For the first time, we present a study on fish diversity partition from the northern sector of t ...
- Farruggia, Frank T.; Henry, M.; Stevens, H.; Vincent, Michael A.
- Caribbean journal of science 2008 v.44 no.1 pp. 53-69
- Byrsonima crassifolia; Paspalum; Pinus caribaea; Rhynchospora; cation exchange capacity; community structure; environmental factors; ferns and fern allies; flora; graminoids; landscapes; multidimensional scaling; sapodillas; savannas; species diversity; streams; topography; trees; tropics; vernal pools; woody plants; Belize
- ... The diverse graminoid-dominated savannas of Central America remain poorly described. The flora and environment of a hyperseasonal coastal savanna near Sapodilla Lagoon, Stann Creek District, Belize were examined. Percent cover and frequency using plots and line transects were used to assess the community structure. We used non-metric multidimensional scaling and correlation to describe communityle ...