Jump to Main Content
- Petrescu, Iorgu; Chatterjee, Tapas; Schizas, Nikolaos V.
- Caribbean journal of science 2016 v.49 no.1 pp. 17-26
- Cumacea; corals; ecosystems; new species; reefs; taxonomic keys; Caribbean Sea; United States; Virgin Islands of the United States
- ... A new species of the genus Campylaspis G.O. Sars, C. grazielae and also Campylaspis sp. are described from the mesophotic coral ecosystems of St. John, US Virgin Islands, Caribbean Sea. Similarities and dissimilarities with related species are discussed and a taxonomic key is provided for the Western Atlantic species of the genus Campylaspis. With the addition of C. grazielae sp. nov. described he ...
- Bucher, Katina E.; Norris, James N.; Sears, James R.
- Caribbean journal of science 2013 v.47 no.1 pp. 98-113
- Liagoraceae; algae; dioecy; gametophytes; monoecy; new species; zygote; Atlantic Ocean; Belize; Caribbean Sea; Hawaii; Virgin Islands of the United States; Western Australia
- ... Gloiotrichus (Liagoraceae; Nemaliales), a red algal genus originally described from Western Australia and later found in Hawaii, is reported for the first time in the western Atlantic Ocean, from the Caribbean Sea. A new species, G. vermiculatus, is described based on specimens collected fromsubtidal waters near Carrie Bow Cay, Belize and off St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands. Features of the new spec ...