Jump to Main Content
- Pessenda, Gabriela; Piscor, Diovani; Silva, Edson L. da; Centofante, Liano; Parise-Maltempi, Patricia P.
- Caryologia 2018 v.71 no.1 pp. 80-84
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; Astyanax fasciatus; chromosomes; diploidy; evolution; fish; genome; karyotyping; retrotransposons; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The cytogenetic studies of retrotranposons Rex have been characterized in several fish groups, including species of the Astyanax genus. This group presents an extensive variability in their karyotype, with diploid numbers of 2n = 52, 50, 48, 46 and 36 chromosomes. Thus, the aim of this study was to evaluate the distribution of the retrotransposable element Rex1, in six Astyanax species, with diffe ...
- Abelini, Edner; Martins-Santos, Isabel Cristina; Fernandes, Carlos Alexandre
- Caryologia 2014 v.67 no.2 pp. 160-171
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; Astyanax fasciatus; Astyanax paranae; acrocentric chromosomes; diploidy; females; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genes; heterochromatin; karyotyping; ribosomal DNA; rivers; streams; telomeres; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Cytogenetic studies were carried out in three species from genus Astyanax : Astyanax paranae (Tagaçaba Stream and Tauá Stream), Astyanax altiparanae (Iguaçu River and Maringá Stream) and Astyanax fasciatus (Maringá Stream). Both populations of A. paranae featured 2 n = 50 chromosomes, although with different karyotype formulae and Ag-nucleolar organizer regions systems. Using the FISH technique in ...