Jump to Main Content
- Drollinger, Simon; Kuzyakov, Yakov; Glatzel, Stephan
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 1-10
- anaerobic conditions; bogs; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; drainage; isotope fractionation; mycorrhizae; nitrogen; organic compounds; organic matter; peat; peatlands; phytomass; soil; stable isotopes; temperature; water table
- ... Decomposition of organic substances is one of the main processes responsible for the signatures of stable carbon and nitrogen isotopes (δ13C and δ15N) in soils and peats. However, the applicability of δ13C and δ15N signatures at the natural abundance level as indicators of the degree of peat decomposition is still debatable. We evaluated δ13C and δ15N depth patterns of peat cores sampled at nine s ...
- Bai, Zhen; Wu, Xin; Lin, Jun-Jie; Xie, Hong-Tu; Yuan, Hai-Sheng; Liang, Chao
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 350-358
- Chytridiomycota; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; chronosequences; ectomycorrhizae; forest succession; fungal communities; lichens; mycorrhizal fungi; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nutrient availability; nutrient use efficiency; regression analysis; saprotrophs; soil; species diversity; stand age; stoichiometry; tropical forests; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; water solubility; China
- ... Suites of fungal adaptation to nutrient acquisition and allocation of vegetations are observed along forest succession gradients. However, the mechanisms behind seral shifts in plant-associated fungi need to be uncovered. To bridge this knowledge gap, the current study investigated the litter and soil chemical variables as well as the fungal community using high-throughput Illumina MiSeq sequencin ...