Jump to Main Content
- Ramage, Justine L.; Fortier, Daniel; Hugelius, Gustaf; Lantuit, Hugues; Morgenstern, Anne
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 132-140
- carbon nitrogen ratio; carbon sequestration; highlands; impeded drainage; landscapes; lowlands; nitrogen; peat; permafrost; soil organic carbon; thawing; topographic slope; total nitrogen; valleys; Arctic region; Yukon Territory
- ... Thermokarst results from the thawing of ice-rich permafrost and alters the biogeochemical cycling in the Arctic by reworking soil material and redistributing soil organic carbon (SOC) and total nitrogen (TN) along uplands, hillslopes, and lowlands. Understanding the impact of this redistribution is key to better estimating the storage of SOC in permafrost terrains. However, there are insufficient ...
- Kooch, Yahya; Sanji, Razie; Tabari, Masoud
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 32-39
- Pinus; aggregate stability; carbon nitrogen ratio; carbon sequestration; forest land; global warming; nitrogen content; plantations; soil aggregation; soil organic matter; soil sampling; temperate forests; temperate zones; Iran
- ... The properties of litter and soil, which are probably influenced by vegetation traits, have an effect on the fractions of C and N and ultimately global warming. In this study, litter and soil samples were collected from representative forestlands, including a mixed natural forest dominated by hornbeam‑ironwood and tree plantations of ash, maple, cypress and pine which are situated in a temperate a ...