Jump to Main Content
- Blanco-Velázquez, F.J.; Muñoz-Vallés, S.; Anaya-Romero, M.
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 163-171
- air; animals; biomass; cadmium; case studies; climate; composts; computer software; databases; decision making; decision support systems; ecosystems; land use; monitoring; pH; polluted soils; regression analysis; sediments; sludge; soil amendments; soil conservation; soil pollution; soil remediation; sugar beet; toxicity; trace elements; watersheds; Spain
- ... Contamination has been identified as one of the main threats for soil conservation worldwide. Availability of high-quality information on soil contamination, its impacts and effects is still required at global level. Well documented case studies provide valuable information to understand long-term trends associated with management of contaminated soils. The temporal evolution of contamination and ...
- Horacio, Jesús; Muñoz-Narciso, Efrén; Trenhaile, Alan S.; Pérez-Alberti, Augusto
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 276-287
- air; clay; climate change; coasts; digital elevation models; flight; geographic information systems; lidar; monitoring; photographs; rain; remote sensing; sea level; sediments; topography; unmanned aerial vehicles; Spain
- ... Historical air photographs, LiDAR, and an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) were used to record the movement, from 1956 to 2018, of a clay and clast earthflow in a coastal valley in northwestern Spain. Two procedures were employed. The first tracked changes, in a GIS environment, in the location of eight, easily identified objects on the surface of the deposit (large boulders, topographic lobes, and t ...