Jump to Main Content
- Blanco-Velázquez, F.J.; Muñoz-Vallés, S.; Anaya-Romero, M.
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 163-171
- air; animals; biomass; cadmium; case studies; climate; composts; computer software; databases; decision making; decision support systems; ecosystems; land use; monitoring; pH; polluted soils; regression analysis; sediments; sludge; soil amendments; soil conservation; soil pollution; soil remediation; sugar beet; toxicity; trace elements; watersheds; Spain
- ... Contamination has been identified as one of the main threats for soil conservation worldwide. Availability of high-quality information on soil contamination, its impacts and effects is still required at global level. Well documented case studies provide valuable information to understand long-term trends associated with management of contaminated soils. The temporal evolution of contamination and ...
- Osman, R.; Alaily, F.; Sayed, A.; Kaupenjohan, M.
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 345-349
- carbonates; climate; kaolinite; rivers; sandstone; sediments; smectite; soil; terraces; texture; valleys; vegetation cover; water flow; Sudan
- ... Soils of two Nile Valleys (White Nile and Blue Nile) and the neighboring Nubian Sandstone plateaus (Qoz) in Central Sudan were investigated. The White and Blue Niles rise from different areas and are different in their water flow velocity, flood amplitude and flooding time. The results of this study show that sediments of both valleys consist of an allochthonous and a parautochthonous component. T ...