Jump to Main Content
- Yibeltal, Mesenbet; Tsunekawa, Atsushi; Haregeweyn, Nigussie; Adgo, Enyew; Meshesha, Derege Tsegaye; Aklog, Dagnachew; Masunaga, Tsugiyuki; Tsubo, Mitsuru; Billi, Paolo; Vanmaercke, Matthias; Ebabu, Kindiye; Dessie, Mekete; Sultan, Dagnenet; Liyew, Mulatu
- Catena 2019 v.179 pp. 160-174
- aerial photography; agroecology; basins; computer software; cultivation area; geographic information systems; gully erosion; human settlements; image interpretation; land degradation; land use; landscape position; ravines; remote sensing; soil; surveys; water conservation; watersheds; Ethiopia
- ... Gully erosion is one of the main causes of land degradation, particularly in the drought-prone regions of Ethiopia. This study assessed spatio-temporal changes of gully length and density in watershed pairs in Guder, Aba Gerima, and Dibatie sites, which are representative highland, midland, and lowland agro-ecologies in the Upper Blue Nile basin of Ethiopia. Aerial photographs (1957, 1982) and ver ...
- Castro, Francelita Coelho; Araújo, Jairton Fraga; dos Santos, Antonio Marcos
- Catena 2019 v.179 pp. 175-183
- evapotranspiration; geology; land use; semiarid zones; soil; soil salinization; soluble salts; vegetation cover; Brazil
- ... Among the several environmental problems that affect the soil system, causing severe losses to agricultural production, there is the salinization process. Salinization is the accumulation of soluble salts in the agricultural layers of the soil, an environmental problem in several Brazilian semiarid environments. The objective of this study is to map the different degrees of susceptibility to soil ...