Jump to Main Content
- Lobo, Gabriel P.; Bonilla, Carlos A.
- Catena 2019 v.172 pp. 113-124
- sand fraction, etc ; Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation; Water Erosion Prediction Project; clay; conservation practices; databases; erodibility; geometry; land management; meteorological data; planning; plowing; prediction; rain; regression analysis; silt; soil conservation; soil erosion; soil water; topographic slope; water conservation; water quality; Chile; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Soil loss models are useful tools for making land management decisions to prevent soil and water quality problems. Several soil loss models have been developed, including the process-based Water Erosion Prediction Project (WEPP) model and the empirical Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE). Although process-based models provide accurate soil loss estimates, they are infrequently used for co ...
- Mwango, S.B.; Wickama, J.; Msanya, B.M.; Kimaro, D.N.; Mbogoni, J.D.; Meliyo, J.L.
- Catena 2019 v.172 pp. 163-169
- sand fraction, etc ; clay; climate change; coastal plains; corn; cropland; ecosystems; laboratory experimentation; model validation; models; prediction; regression analysis; sand; silt; soil organic carbon; soil sampling; soil texture; Tanzania; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Soil organic carbon (OC) plays a vital role on physico-chemical and biological properties of soils and on climate change regulation. The use of pedo-transfer functions from easily available soil properties for estimating soil OC could be fast and cheap when considering field and laboratory work implications especially in Sub Saharan Africa including Tanzania. This paper attempts to develop a model ...