Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Yufei; Zhao, Zhongna; Wei, Xiaorong; Shao, Mingan
- Catena 2019 v.173 pp. 330-338
- desertification, etc ; Artemisia; Caragana korshinskii; Salix psammophila; ecological restoration; growing season; land degradation; mineralization; nitrate nitrogen; nitrification; nitrogen; shrubs; soil; China; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Shrubs play a vital role in ecosystem restoration in the desert transition zone, which suffers intensive desertification, land degradation, and nitrogen (N) limitation. To evaluate the effects of different shrub species on soil N availability, transformation, and their seasonal dynamics, we determined mineral N contents and mineralization rates in soils under three common shrub species (Artemisia ...
- Xue, Jie; Gui, Dongwei; Lei, Jiaqiang; Sun, Huaiwei; Zeng, Fanjiang; Mao, Donglei; Jin, Qian; Liu, Yi
- Catena 2019 v.179 pp. 197-209
- desertification, etc ; agricultural land; anthropogenic activities; biomass production; climate change; cognition; economic productivity; ecosystems; environmental impact; human settlements; land degradation; land restoration; oases; semiarid zones; soil; soil erosion; soil productivity; sustainable development; vegetation cover; water supply; China; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Oasification is a complex oasis expansion and ecological processes caused by climate changes and human activities under available water supply in arid and semiarid regions. The process can effectively improve soil productivity, vegetation cover, and biomass production in fighting against land degradation, such as desertification and soil erosion. However, the significance of oasification has not y ...