Jump to Main Content
- Ferro, V.; Nicosia, A.
- Catena 2018
- equations; flow resistance; friction; hydraulic flumes; rain; rain intensity; rill erosion; rivers; streams; topographic slope
- ... Since rill flows are characterized by small water depths and steeply sloping channels, the corresponding hydraulic conditions are very different to those which are typically found in channels of streams and rivers. Furthermore, limited information is currently available on the effect of rainfall on flow resistance. The objective of this comment was to investigate the applicability of a recently th ...
- Williams, C.J.; Pierson, Frederick B.; Nouwakpo, Sayjro K.; Al-Hamdan, Osama Z.; Kormos, Patrick R.; Weltz, Mark A.
- Catena 2018
- Artemisia; Bromus tectorum; Juniperus; Pinus; basins; canopy; conifers; ecosystems; grasses; growing season; indigenous species; land management; land ownership; overland flow; perennials; plant cuttings; prediction; prescribed burning; private lands; public lands; raindrop impact; rainfall simulation; rangelands; risk; runoff; sediment yield; sediments; shredding; shrubs; soil; soil resources; sowing; steppes; trees; understory; wildfires; woodlands; Southwestern United States
- ... Pinyon (Pinus spp.) and juniper (Juniperus spp.) woodland encroachment has imperiled a broad ecological domain of the sagebrush steppe (Artemisia spp.) ecosystem in the Great Basin Region, USA. As these conifers increase in dominance on sagebrush rangelands, understory vegetation declines and ecohydrologic function can shift from biotic (vegetation) controlled retention of soil resources to abioti ...