Jump to Main Content
- Rosemary, F.; Vitharana, U.W.A.; Indraratne, S.P.; Weerasooriya, R.; Mishra, U.
- Catena 2017 v.150 pp. 53-61
- sand fraction, etc ; Alfisols; anthropogenic activities; carbon; cation exchange capacity; clay; clay fraction; electrical conductivity; environmental models; georeferencing; kriging; land use planning; landscapes; nutrients; pH; paddies; sand; soil heterogeneity; soil management; soil map; soil sampling; soil surveys; spatial variation; texture; topsoil; vegetables; Sri Lanka; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Detailed digital soil maps showing the spatial heterogeneity of soil properties consistent with the landscape are required for site-specific management of plant nutrients, land use planning and process-based environmental modeling. We characterized the short-scale spatial heterogeneity of soil properties in an Alfisol catena in a tropical landscape of Sri Lanka. The impact of different land-uses ( ...
- Geng, Ren; Zhang, Guang-hui; Ma, Qian-hong; Wang, Lun-jiang
- Catena 2017 v.152 pp. 18-28
- sand fraction, etc ; cation exchange capacity; clay; cropland; disturbed soils; erodibility; geometry; particle size; runoff; shear stress; silt fraction; soil organic matter; soil sampling; soil texture; water erosion; China; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The knowledge of soil resistance to runoff (reflected by rill erodibility, Kr, and critical shear stress, τc) of steep croplands from laboratory flume experiments and their influencing factors are unclear at a larger scale. Therefore, the disturbed soil samples (representing the freshly tilled steep croplands) of 36 soil types were collected from eastern China and scoured under different flow shea ...