Jump to Main Content
- Ai, Zemin; He, Lirong; Xin, Qi; Yang, Ting; Liu, Guobin; Xue, Sha
- Catena 2017 v.152 pp. 9-17
- topography, etc ; Artemisia gmelinii; aboveground biomass; carbon nitrogen ratio; environmental factors; rhizosphere; soil; stoichiometry; sugars; tissues; China; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Slope aspect, as an important topographic factor on the Loess Plateau in China, may influence the productivity and relative characteristics of Artemisia sacrorum in this area. Three slope aspects (sunny, half-sunny, and shady slopes) were chosen to study the effects of slope aspect on the biomass, carbon:nitrogen:phosphorus (C:N:P) stoichiometry, and non-structural carbohydrate (NSC) concentration ...
- Li, Zhi; Lin, Xueqing; Coles, Anna E.; Chen, Xi
- Catena 2017 v.152 pp. 268-276
- topography, etc ; electrical conductivity; groundwater; hydrologic cycle; isotopes; loess; oxygen; runoff; soil; stream flow; surface water; water management; watersheds; weathering; wet season; China; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Thick loess deposits (up to 200m deep) and a large unsaturated zone (up to 100m below the soil surface) complicate the interactions between surface water and groundwater in China's Loess Plateau, especially in catchments characterized by tableland-gully topography in this region. In the Heihe watershed, electrical conductivity (EC), chloride (Cl) concentrations, and stable water isotope data (δD a ...