Jump to Main Content
- Gao, Peng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Catena 2017 v.149 pp. 110-119
- basins; erosion control; grasslands; loess; loess soils; ravines; sandstone; sediment yield; soil erosion; statistical models; temporal variation; water conservation; watersheds; China
- ... An improved understanding of the temporal variations in soil erosion rates and sediment sources is necessary to identify the main areas prone to soil erosion and to effectively implement soil and water conservation measures. In this study, we selected two dam-controlled watersheds (Xiaoshilata and Yangjiagou) on the northern Loess Plateau, China, and determined the temporal variations in the sedim ...
- Gao, Peng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Catena 2017 v.148 pp. 126-137
- arable soils; case studies; control methods; flood control; grasslands; land use change; pollution load; sediment yield; sediments; simulation models; soil erosion; watersheds; China
- ... Large-scale sediment control efforts on the Loess Plateau of China and resulting reductions in sediment yield have been documented. However, it remains unclear how these control works affect the soil erosion rates and sediment loads at the catchment scale. A combination of field work and modeling exercises was used to examine the effects of land use changes and check dams on the variation of sedim ...