Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xianwei; Song, Changchun; Sun, Xiaoxin; Wang, Jiaoyue; Zhang, Xinhou; Mao, Rong
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 31-37
- fens; nitrogen content; permafrost; soil organic carbon; nitrogen; mountains; bulk density; soil depth; bogs; global warming; latitude; soil sampling; ecosystems; vegetation; China
- ... Soil organic carbon (SOC) in high latitude ecosystems is potentially vulnerable to global climate change. However, the distribution of SOC and total nitrogen (N) is still unknown for the boreal wetlands. In this study, we collected soil samples from different wetlands in the discontinuous permafrost zone of the Xiao Xing'an Mountains, northeastern China. Permafrost was only present in the bogs and ...
- Li, Mingming; Zhang, Xingchang; Pang, Guowei; Han, Fengpeng
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 11-16
- topography; greenhouse gases; shrublands; soil organic carbon; agricultural land; geostatistics; bulk density; soil depth; watersheds; carbon sequestration; hydrology; soil sampling; woodlands; soil productivity; land use; grasslands; soil density; China
- ... The distribution and storage of soil organic carbon serve as basic data for the study of soil productivity, soil hydrological properties, and the balance among carbon-based greenhouse gases. In this study, the organic carbon storage and density distribution characteristics of the soil in the Zhifanggou catchment on the Loess Plateau were studied based on field investigations, laboratory measuremen ...