Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Guoce; Li, Zhanbin; Li, Peng
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 17-23
- anthropogenic activities; clay fraction; cropland; forests; fractal dimensions; grasslands; land use; nitrogen; particle size distribution; plant communities; rivers; sand; silt; soil degradation; soil horizons; soil sampling; soil types; water quality; watersheds; China
- ... Fractal scaling theory was employed to analyze the fractal dimension of soil particle-size distribution (PSD) for different plant communities with similar soil types in a watershed in the middle Dan River Valley, China. A total of 296 soil samples were collected from 78 sites. PSD and total soil nitrogen (TSN) were determined in soil from depths of 0–60cm in four soil horizons for different plant ...
- Li, Mingming; Zhang, Xingchang; Pang, Guowei; Han, Fengpeng
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 11-16
- topography; greenhouse gases; shrublands; soil organic carbon; agricultural land; geostatistics; bulk density; soil depth; watersheds; carbon sequestration; hydrology; soil sampling; woodlands; soil productivity; land use; grasslands; soil density; China
- ... The distribution and storage of soil organic carbon serve as basic data for the study of soil productivity, soil hydrological properties, and the balance among carbon-based greenhouse gases. In this study, the organic carbon storage and density distribution characteristics of the soil in the Zhifanggou catchment on the Loess Plateau were studied based on field investigations, laboratory measuremen ...