Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Guoce; Li, Zhanbin; Li, Peng
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 17-23
- anthropogenic activities; clay fraction; cropland; forests; fractal dimensions; grasslands; land use; nitrogen; particle size distribution; plant communities; rivers; sand; silt; soil degradation; soil horizons; soil sampling; soil types; water quality; watersheds; China
- ... Fractal scaling theory was employed to analyze the fractal dimension of soil particle-size distribution (PSD) for different plant communities with similar soil types in a watershed in the middle Dan River Valley, China. A total of 296 soil samples were collected from 78 sites. PSD and total soil nitrogen (TSN) were determined in soil from depths of 0–60cm in four soil horizons for different plant ...
- Wang, Xianwei; Song, Changchun; Sun, Xiaoxin; Wang, Jiaoyue; Zhang, Xinhou; Mao, Rong
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 31-37
- fens; nitrogen content; permafrost; soil organic carbon; nitrogen; mountains; bulk density; soil depth; bogs; global warming; latitude; soil sampling; ecosystems; vegetation; China
- ... Soil organic carbon (SOC) in high latitude ecosystems is potentially vulnerable to global climate change. However, the distribution of SOC and total nitrogen (N) is still unknown for the boreal wetlands. In this study, we collected soil samples from different wetlands in the discontinuous permafrost zone of the Xiao Xing'an Mountains, northeastern China. Permafrost was only present in the bogs and ...