Jump to Main Content
- Zhong, Qinmei; Zhang, Shirong; Chen, Honglin; Li, Ting; Zhang, Chuer; Xu, Xiaoxun; Mao, Zhu; Gong, Guoshu; Deng, Ouping; Deng, Liangji; Zhang, Yanzong; Pu, Yulin; Wang, Lilin
- Catena 2019 v.175 pp. 329-338
- biotic factors; climate; nitrogen; plant communities; prediction; soil; species diversity; temperature; topography; vegetation; China
- ... Soil nitrogen (N) is controlled by climate, topography, parent material and vegetation in less-disturbed ecosystems. However, a comprehensive understanding of the interactions among these soil-forming factors on soil N fractions (SNFs) is still unclear. We measured SNFs at 89 sites across a 3300-m gradient elevation in the southeastern Tibetan Plateau, which spans a large range of climates, parent ...
- Ndzana, Georges Martial; Huang, Li; Zhang, Zhiyi; Zhu, Jun; Liu, Fan; Bhattacharyya, Rajan
- Catena 2019 v.175 pp. 317-328
- Alfisols; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Human immunodeficiency virus; Oxisols; X-ray diffraction; climate; crystal structure; crystals; deformation; illite; kaolinite; latitude; moieties; nanoparticles; nutrients; particle size; soil colloids; thermogravimetry; vegetation; vermiculite; China
- ... The behavior of clay minerals in different size fractions of soil colloids are very particular, mostly in the nanoparticle (25–100 nm) fractions, where clay minerals are very reactive and have a significant role in the transport of nutrients. In this work, the characterizations of clay minerals in the particle fractions (<2000, 450–2000, 100–450, and 25–100 nm) of an Oxisol and an Alfisol were stu ...