Jump to Main Content
- Garg, Ankit; Hazra, Budhaditya; Zhu, Hong; Wen, Yangping
- Catena 2019 v.175 pp. 123-131
- Cynodon dactylon; Schefflera; agricultural land; evapotranspiration; grasses; green roofs; irrigation; monitoring; normal distribution; planning; probability; soil water; subtropics; topographic slope; transpiration; trees; vegetation; volumetric water content; water analysis; water content; wilting
- ... The long-term performance of green infrastructures (e.g., vegetated slopes, green roof, bio-retention systems, etc.) can be affected by the wilting of vegetation (i.e., tendency of evapotranspiration (ET) to be nil) attributed to the decrease in volumetric soil water content. Therefore, it is important to explore an approach to investigate the wilting time of vegetation so that mitigation measures ...
- Zhao, Anzhou; Zhang, Anbing; Liu, Jianhong; Feng, Lili; Zhao, Yuling
- Catena 2019 v.175 pp. 446-455
- afforestation; autumn; drought; evapotranspiration; humans; normalized difference vegetation index; soil erosion; spring; summer; vegetation; China
- ... China's Loess Plateau (CLP) has experienced severe water loss and soil erosion over the past few decades. To prevent water loss and soil erosion and improve ecological environment, the Grain for Green Project (GGP) was launched in 1999. Meanwhile, the frequency and severity of drought in CLP has shown an increasing trend in the recent years. However, few studies have addressed the coupled effects ...