Jump to Main Content
- Bhattacharyya, R.; Fullen, M.A.; Booth, C.A.; Black, A.W.; Townrow, D.
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 143-156
- sand fraction, etc ; Borassus; Mauritia flexuosa; calcium; clay; clay fraction; clay soils; conservation buffers; copper; field experimentation; geotextiles; grasses; iron; leaves; magnesium; manganese; molybdenum; nutrient content; nutrients; particle size distribution; runoff; sand; silt; soil conservation; topsoil; zinc; South America; United Kingdom; Western Africa; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Although geotextile mats have considerable potential for soil conservation, field studies on their impacts on soil particle size distribution and nutrient conservation are scant. Hence, field experiments were conducted at Hilton, east Shropshire, U.K. (52°33′5.7″N, 2°19′18.3″W) during 2007–2009, to study the impacts of palm-mat geotextiles on topsoil (0–5cm) particle size distribution and changes ...
- Duan, Liangxia; Huang, Mingbin; Zhang, Luodan
- Catena 2016 v.137 pp. 563-571
- sand fraction, etc ; clay; clay fraction; equations; fractal dimensions; prediction; regression analysis; silt; soil water; soil water storage; topography; water resources; China; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Soil water storage is a critical variable controlling hydrological and biological processes. The precise estimation of soil water storage in diverse soil layers is fundamental to understanding hydro-biological processes and efficiently managing water resources. The objectives of this study were to evaluate the effects of topography (elevation) and soil properties (clay, silt, sand content, median ...