Jump to Main Content
- Weltz, Mark A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Catena 2018 v.170 pp. 129-140
- canopy; rain; rainfall simulation; rangelands; runoff; sediment transport; sediments; soil; soil erosion; topographic slope; vegetation cover; watersheds
- ... In this paper, we examine the effect of vegetation on soil erosion, runoff generation and sediment transport on saline rangeland hillslopes. Rainfall simulations were conducted at a fixed 114 mm/h intensity on 6 m × 2 m erosion plots with varying degrees of vegetation. Plots were grouped into three categories (L, M and H) based on their canopy cover (L: <5%, M: 5–19%, H: >19%) and selected to limi ...
- Weltz, Mark A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Catena 2016 v.147 pp. 334-344
- canopy; landscapes; photogrammetry; pollution load; rain; rain intensity; rainfall simulation; runoff; saline soils; sediment yield; sediments; shale; soil erosion models; spatial variation; vegetation cover; watersheds; Colorado River; Utah
- ... This study investigated erosion processes on the highly erosive, saline soils of the Mancos Shale formation in the Price-San Rafael River Basin in Utah, USA. Rainfall simulations were performed at two sites using a Walnut Gulch rainfall simulator with a variety of slope angles and rainfall intensities. The Rangeland Hydrology Erosion Model (RHEM) was calibrated to provide unbiased estimates of dis ...