Jump to Main Content
- Mansor, Shattri, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Catena 2019 v.178 pp. 359-371
- Isoptera; altitude; ecosystems; geographic information systems; geographical distribution; global change; land cover; land use; models; species diversity; surface water; surveys; termite mounds; water table; weathering; Nigeria
- ... Termite mounds influence ecosystem heterogeneity and contribute to the stabilization of the system under global change. A number of environmental factors influence the distribution, height, diameter and designs of termite mounds but these factors are not only poorly understood, they cannot be extrapolated for everywhere. In this study, we employed a ground based survey and Geographical Information ...
- Mansor, Shattri, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Catena 2015 v.125 pp. 91-101
- altitude; basins; case studies; data collection; databases; geographic information systems; hazard characterization; inventories; land use; learning; models; prediction; rivers; runoff; seeds; soil; streams; support vector machines; surveys; Malaysia
- ... Statistical learning theory is the basis of support vector machine (SVM) technique. This technique in natural hazard assessment is getting extremely popular these days. It contains a training stage related to the input and desire output values. The main goal of this paper is to assess and evaluate the prediction capability of SVM technique with different kernel functions for spatial prediction of ...