Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yugang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Catena 2019 v.172 pp. 770-780
- agricultural land; crop residues; desert soils; microbial biomass; mountains; nitrogen; oases; pH; soil aggregates; soil aggregation; soil nutrients; soil organic carbon; soil profiles; sustainable agriculture; topsoil; Central Asia
- ... The maintenance and accumulation of soil organic carbon (SOC) is critical to the agricultural sustainability and environmental stability in oasis-desert belts. The objective of this study was to determine the effects of oasis formation on SOC and aggregate structure, as well as the linkage between them, throughout a 0–200 cm soil profile. The investigation was conducted in five oases at the northe ...
- Wang, Yugang, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Catena 2013 v.100 pp. 50-56
- agricultural land; arid zones; case studies; ecosystems; ecotones; environmental health; environmental management; evaporation; grasslands; irrigated farming; irrigation; land use; oases; rivers; salinity; salt content; soil salinity; soil salinization; topsoil; water table; watersheds; China
- ... Understanding the process of agricultural land expansion and its impact on soil properties is crucial for land management and environmental health. A desert–oasis ecotone is typically located between an oasis at the lower reach of inland rivers and neighboring desert in arid regions, and acts as an interactive zone between irrigated farmland and the natural desert ecosystem. The arid region of nor ...