Jump to Main Content
- Sima, Jiao; Chakraborty, Abhijit; Dileep, Vishnu; Michalski, Marco; Klein, Kyle N.; Holcomb, Nicolas P.; Turner, Jesse L.; Paulsen, Michelle T.; Rivera-Mulia, Juan Carlos; Trevilla-Garcia, Claudia; Bartlett, Daniel A.; Zhao, Peiyao A.; Washburn, Brian K.; Nora, Elphège P.; Kraft, Katerina; Mundlos, Stefan; Bruneau, Benoit G.; Ljungman, Mats; Fraser, Peter; Ay, Ferhat; Gilbert, David M.
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.4 pp. 816-830.e18
- DNA replication; genome; mice; protein depletion; regulatory sequences; transcription (genetics)
- ... The temporal order of DNA replication (replication timing [RT]) is highly coupled with genome architecture, but cis-elements regulating either remain elusive. We created a series of CRISPR-mediated deletions and inversions of a pluripotency-associated topologically associating domain (TAD) in mouse ESCs. CTCF-associated domain boundaries were dispensable for RT. CTCF protein depletion weakened mos ...
- Ma, Jian; Duan, Zhijun
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.4 pp. 681-684
- DNA replication; genome; regulatory sequences; transcription (genetics)
- ... Through dissecting the link between spatial genome organization and DNA replication timing, Sima et al. (2018) discover early replicating control elements (ERCEs), a new type of cis-acting elements that regulate replication timing, transcription, and multiple layers of three-dimensional features of genome organization. The study has important implications for unraveling control elements of high-or ...