Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Yimu; Rafatian, Naimeh; Feric, Nicole T.; Cox, Brian J.; Aschar-Sobbi, Roozbeh; Wang, Erika Yan; Aggarwal, Praful; Zhang, Boyang; Conant, Genevieve; Ronaldson-Bouchard, Kacey; Pahnke, Aric; Protze, Stephanie; Lee, Jee Hoon; Davenport Huyer, Locke; Jekic, Danica; Wickeler, Anastasia; Naguib, Hani E.; Keller, Gordon M.; Vunjak-Novakovic, Gordana; Broeckel, Ulrich; Backx, Peter H.; Radisic, Milica
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.4 pp. 913-927.e18
- action potentials; calcium; cardiomyocytes; cell differentiation; drug evaluation; drugs; electric field; gene expression; humans; hypertrophy; models; patients; serotonin; stem cells; tissue engineering
- ... Tissue engineering using cardiomyocytes derived from human pluripotent stem cells holds a promise to revolutionize drug discovery, but only if limitations related to cardiac chamber specification and platform versatility can be overcome. We describe here a scalable tissue-cultivation platform that is cell source agnostic and enables drug testing under electrical pacing. The plastic platform enable ...
- Schiebinger, Geoffrey; Shu, Jian; Tabaka, Marcin; Cleary, Brian; Subramanian, Vidya; Solomon, Aryeh; Gould, Joshua; Liu, Siyan; Lin, Stacie; Berube, Peter; Lee, Lia; Chen, Jenny; Brumbaugh, Justin; Rigollet, Philippe; Hochedlinger, Konrad; Jaenisch, Rudolf; Regev, Aviv; Lander, Eric S.
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.4 pp. 928-943.e22
- cytokines; gene expression; models; sequence analysis; transcription factors
- ... Understanding the molecular programs that guide differentiation during development is a major challenge. Here, we introduce Waddington-OT, an approach for studying developmental time courses to infer ancestor-descendant fates and model the regulatory programs that underlie them. We apply the method to reconstruct the landscape of reprogramming from 315,000 single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq) pr ...