Jump to Main Content
- Marcandalli, Jessica; Fiala, Brooke; Ols, Sebastian; Perotti, Michela; de van der Schueren, Willem; Snijder, Joost; Hodge, Edgar; Benhaim, Mark; Ravichandran, Rashmi; Carter, Lauren; Sheffler, Will; Brunner, Livia; Lawrenz, Maria; Dubois, Patrice; Lanzavecchia, Antonio; Sallusto, Federica; Lee, Kelly K.; Veesler, David; Correnti, Colin E.; Stewart, Lance J.; Baker, David; Loré, Karin; Perez, Laurent; King, Neil P.
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.6 pp. 1420-1431.e17
- Primates; Respiratory syncytial virus; antigens; glycoproteins; mice; nanoparticles; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; public health; vaccines
- ... Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a worldwide public health concern for which no vaccine is available. Elucidation of the prefusion structure of the RSV F glycoprotein and its identification as the main target of neutralizing antibodies have provided new opportunities for development of an effective vaccine. Here, we describe the structure-based design of a self-assembling protein nanoparticle ...
- Kalamakis, Georgios; Brüne, Daniel; Ravichandran, Srikanth; Bolz, Jan; Fan, Wenqiang; Ziebell, Frederik; Stiehl, Thomas; Catalá-Martinez, Francisco; Kupke, Janina; Zhao, Sheng; Llorens-Bobadilla, Enric; Bauer, Katharina; Limpert, Stefanie; Berger, Birgit; Christen, Urs; Schmezer, Peter; Mallm, Jan Philipp; Berninger, Benedikt; Anders, Simon; del Sol, Antonio; Marciniak-Czochra, Anna; Martin-Villalba, Ana
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.6 pp. 1407-1419.e14
- antagonists; brain; homeostasis; mice; neural stem cells; neutralization; transcriptomics
- ... The function of somatic stem cells declines with age. Understanding the molecular underpinnings of this decline is key to counteract age-related disease. Here, we report a dramatic drop in the neural stem cells (NSCs) number in the aging murine brain. We find that this smaller stem cell reservoir is protected from full depletion by an increase in quiescence that makes old NSCs more resistant to re ...