Jump to Main Content
- Soutourina, Julie
- Cell 2019 v.178 no.5 pp. 1036-1038
- genomics; mammals; mechanism of action; transcription (genetics)
- ... In this issue of Cell, Casellas and colleagues provide insights into the structural and functional aspects of the mammalian multi-subunit Mediator complex, a conserved and essential transcriptional coregulator. Combining cryo-EM, genetic, and genomic analyses, the work sheds light on Mediator’s mode of action as a functional bridge between enhancers and promoters. ...
- Grubaugh, Nathan D.; Saraf, Sharada; Gangavarapu, Karthik; Watts, Alexander; Tan, Amanda L.; Oidtman, Rachel J.; Ladner, Jason T.; Oliveira, Glenn; Matteson, Nathaniel L.; Kraemer, Moritz U.G.; Vogels, Chantal B.F.; Hentoff, Aaron; Bhatia, Deepit; Stanek, Danielle; Scott, Blake; Landis, Vanessa; Stryker, Ian; Cone, Marshall R.; Kopp, Edgar W.; Cannons, Andrew C.; Heberlein-Larson, Lea; White, Stephen; Gillis, Leah D.; Ricciardi, Michael J.; Kwal, Jaclyn; Lichtenberger, Paola K.; Magnani, Diogo M.; Watkins, David I.; Palacios, Gustavo; Hamer, Davidson H.; Gardner, Lauren M.; Perkins, T. Alex; Baele, Guy; Khan, Kamran; Morrison, Andrea; Isern, Sharon; Michael, Scott F.; Andersen, Kristian G.
- Cell 2019 v.178 no.5 pp. 1057-1071.e11
- Zika virus; genomics; islands; monitoring; mosquito control; travel; virus transmission; viruses; Caribbean; Cuba; North America; South America
- ... The Zika epidemic in the Americas has challenged surveillance and control. As the epidemic appears to be waning, it is unclear whether transmission is still ongoing, which is exacerbated by discrepancies in reporting. To uncover locations with lingering outbreaks, we investigated travel-associated Zika cases to identify transmission not captured by reporting. We uncovered an unreported outbreak in ...