Jump to Main Content
- Hara, Hideki; Seregin, Sergey S.; Yang, Dahai; Fukase, Koichi; Chamaillard, Mathias; Alnemri, Emad S.; Inohara, Naohiro; Chen, Grace Y.; Núñez, Gabriel
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1651-1664.e14
- Gram-positive bacteria; Listeria monocytogenes; caspase-1; caspase-11; inflammasomes; innate immunity; interleukin-18; interleukin-1beta; lipoteichoic acids; macrophages; mice; mutants; pathogens
- ... The activator and composition of the NLRP6 inflammasome remain poorly understood. We find that lipoteichoic acid (LTA), a molecule produced by Gram-positive bacteria, binds and activates NLRP6. In response to cytosolic LTA or infection with Listeria monocytogenes, NLRP6 recruited caspase-11 and caspase-1 via the adaptor ASC. NLRP6 activation by LTA induced processing of caspase-11, which promoted ...
- Netea, Mihai G.; Joosten, Leo A.B.
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1463-1465
- CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; epigenetics; immunologic memory; innate immunity; lungs; macrophages
- ... Trained innate immunity mediates protection against heterologous infections and is mediated by epigenetic and functional reprogramming of myeloid cells and their progenitors. Now, Yao et al. describe trained immunity induced locally in alveolar macrophages by a viral infection, with IFNγ release from effector CD8+ lymphocytes initiating this process. ...