Jump to Main Content
- Salzer, Marion Claudia; Lafzi, Atefeh; Berenguer-Llergo, Antoni; Youssif, Catrin; Castellanos, Andrés; Solanas, Guiomar; Peixoto, Francisca Oliveira; Stephan-Otto Attolini, Camille; Prats, Neus; Aguilera, Mònica; Martín-Caballero, Juan; Heyn, Holger; Benitah, Salvador Aznar
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1575-1590.e22
- extracellular matrix; fibroblasts; gene expression; high fat diet; longevity; low calorie diet; metabolism; mice; transcriptomics
- ... During aging, stromal functions are thought to be impaired, but little is known whether this stems from changes of fibroblasts. Using population- and single-cell transcriptomics, as well as long-term lineage tracing, we studied whether murine dermal fibroblasts are altered during physiological aging under different dietary regimes that affect longevity. We show that the identity of old fibroblasts ...
- Marsh, Edward; Gonzalez, David G.; Lathrop, Elizabeth A.; Boucher, Jonathan; Greco, Valentina
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1620-1633.e13
- fibroblasts; homeostasis; longevity; mice
- ... Fibroblasts are an essential cellular and structural component of our organs. Despite several advances, the critical behaviors that fibroblasts utilize to maintain their homeostasis in vivo have remained unclear. Here, by tracking the same skin fibroblasts in live mice, we show that fibroblast position is stable over time and that this stability is maintained despite the loss of neighboring fibrob ...