Jump to Main Content
- Engel, Christoph; Gubbey, Tobias; Neyer, Simon; Sainsbury, Sarah; Oberthuer, Christiane; Baejen, Carlo; Bernecky, Carrie; Cramer, Patrick
- Cell 2017 v.169 no.1 pp. 120-131.e22
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; DNA; X-ray diffraction; cryo-electron microscopy; promoter regions; ribosomal RNA; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Transcription initiation at the ribosomal RNA promoter requires RNA polymerase (Pol) I and the initiation factors Rrn3 and core factor (CF). Here, we combine X-ray crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to obtain a molecular model for basal Pol I initiation. The three-subunit CF binds upstream promoter DNA, docks to the Pol I-Rrn3 complex, and loads DNA into the expanded active cen ...
- Jin, Yi; Eser, Umut; Struhl, Kevin; Churchman, L. Stirling
- Cell 2017 v.170 pp. 889-898.e10
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase, etc ; DNA; byproducts; evolution; humans; indigenous species; mutation; non-coding RNA; promoter regions; transcription (genetics); yeasts; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Eukaryotic promoter regions are frequently divergently transcribed in vivo, but it is unknown whether the resultant antisense RNAs are a mechanistic by-product of RNA polymerase II (Pol II) transcription or biologically meaningful. Here, we use a functional evolutionary approach that involves nascent transcript mapping in S. cerevisiae strains containing foreign yeast DNA. Promoter regions in fore ...
- PubMed Central: