Jump to Main Content
- Nakamura, Teppei; Ichii, Osamu; Irie, Takao; Kouguchi, Hirokazu; Sotozaki, Kozue; Chihara, Masataka; Sunden, Yuji; Nagasaki, Ken-ichi; Tatsumi, Osamu; Elewa, Yaser Hosny Ali; Kon, Yasuhiro
- Cell and tissue research 2019 v.375 no.2 pp. 483-492
- Sigmodon hispidus; adipocytes; animal models; blood serum; diet; females; histopathology; hyperglycemia; hyperinsulinemia; hyperlipidemia; hyperplasia; hypertension; inflammation; insulin; insulin resistance; islets of Langerhans; liver; macrophages; males; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; oxidative stress; visceral fat; white adipose tissue
- ... Obesity induces metabolic disorders such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases and has become a global health concern. Recent studies imply that fat accumulation in nonadipose tissue correlates with metabolic disorders. However, there are no suitable animal models to evaluate this phenomenon. This study investigated the characteristics of metabolic disorders found in cotton ...
- Verma, Geetika; Mukhopadhyay, Chandra Sekhar; Verma, Ramneek; Singh, Baljit; Sethi, R. S.
- Cell and tissue research 2019 v.375 no.2 pp. 493-505
- Escherichia coli; Toll-like receptor 4; albino; animal models; blood cells; comet assay; corn oil; endotoxins; ethion; genotoxicity; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; lipopolysaccharides; lungs; messenger RNA; mice; protein synthesis; respiratory tract diseases; sodium chloride
- ... Ethion, an organophosphorus pesticide, is used worldwide and has potential for toxicity and inflammation. There are very limited data on the pulmonary and genotoxic effects of ethion especially when the exposure is combined with lipopolysaccharide. Therefore, we used a mouse model to test the hypothesis that prolonged exposure to ethion alone or in conjunction with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) will ca ...