Jump to Main Content
- Akatsu, Yorikazu; Enomoto, Takahiro; Yamaguchi, Satoshi; Tahara, Masamichi; Fukawa, Taisuke; Endo, Jun; Hoshi, Hiroko; Yamamoto, Yohei; Sasaki, Toshihide; Takahashi, Kazuhisa; Akagi, Ryuichiro; Sasho, Takahisa
- Cell and tissue research 2019 v.375 no.2 pp. 425-435
- animal models; cartilage; drugs; immunohistochemistry; mesenchymal stromal cells; osteoarthritis; rats
- ... The objectives of this study are (1) to examine age-dependent longitudinal differences in histological responses after creation of partial-thickness articular cartilage defects (PTCDs) in rats and to use this model (2) to objectively evaluate the effectiveness of interventions for cartilage repair. Linear PTCDs were created at a depth of 100 μm in the weight-bearing region of the medial femoral co ...
- Muhammad, Suleiman Alhaji; Nordin, Norshariza; Mehat, Muhammad Zulfadli; Fakurazi, Sharida
- Cell and tissue research 2019 v.375 no.2 pp. 329-344
- animal models; animals; cartilage; cell transplantation; databases; meta-analysis; osteoarthritis; risk; stem cells; systematic review
- ... Articular cartilage defect remains the most challenging joint disease due to limited intrinsic healing capacity of the cartilage that most often progresses to osteoarthritis. In recent years, stem cell therapy has evolved as therapeutic strategies for articular cartilage regeneration. However, a number of studies have shown that therapeutic efficacy of stem cell transplantation is attributed to mu ...